Los Angeles Kings
- Write weekly series, "50 Forgotten Stories," for club's 50th anniversary. Interview Kings alumni, present little-known stories from team's history in compelling manner to contemporary audience.
Sept 2014-Aug 2016
- Developed angles and executed LA Kings stories for SB Nation’s JewelsFromTheCrown.com, culling from in-game analyses, expert knowledge of team/sport history, and advanced statistical research. Articles referred to on TSN Hockey Analytics and Puck Daddy.
- Covered Ontario Reign with full media access to games and practices during 2015-16 season. Granted press access for 2015 Stadium Series event, interviewed Gary Bettman and Kings players/staff.
The Hockey Writers
Aug 2012-Sept 2014
- TheHockeyWriters.com pieces were mentioned on Yahoo!, SB Nation, LA Kings Insider, and NBC Chicago. Grew Twitter following quickly in two months by using HootSuite to target relevant audience, quadrupling story clicks and shares in that time.
Lake Forest, CA
Sept 2014-Sept 2015
- Maintain brand voice for luxury boutiques ILORI and Optical Shop of Aspen. Consumer marketing includes product descriptions, e-mail communications, door signs, and direct mail.
High Five Marketing
Content Marketing Manager
San Francisco, CA
Oct 2013-Jan 2014
- Executed and managed Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsible Sports content for 8 national sports partners, including USA Hockey, USA Water Polo, USA Volleyball, and USA Wrestling. Blended Responsible Sports philosophy into content appearing on partner sites.
- Weekly, monthly, and quarterly content included online articles, magazine editorials, eNewsletter blurbs, Facebook/Twitter posts, PA announcements, e-mail blasts, and more for 1M+ audience.
New York, NY
Apr 2012-Sept 2013
- Conceptualized and executed digital, experiential, print, and broadcast advertising for Nissan, Citibank, Western Union, MassMutual, and DISH Network. Also POS, press releases, mailers, brochures, and pitches.
- Contributed to Western Union and DISH project wins.
The New School
MFA, Creative Writing (Poetry)
New York, NY
UC Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA
"50 Forgotten Stories: Remembering Juha Widing." LAKings.com, December 22, 2016.
"50 Forgotten Stories: The Punch That Started a Union." LAKings.com, December 13, 2016.
“China Is Training to Be the Next Hockey Heavyweight.” VICE Sports, November 22, 2016.
"Better Ned Than Red." The Hockey News, October 24, 2016.
"50 Forgotten Stories: Spies, Systems & Victor Netchaev." LAKings.com, October 22, 2016.
"50 Forgotten Stories: It Was Almost the LA Blades." LAKings.com, September 20, 2016.
Hockey Analytics, Hockey History, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, HootSuite, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit, Snapchat, Vine, Memes, GIFs, Sina Weibo), Blogging (Wordpress, Blogger, Virb), SEO, HTML, CMS, Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Audition), Tableau, Google Analytics, Mendeley, APA, Mandarin Chinese, Public Communication, Poetry, Marketing